CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th of July


We've had a busy couple of days! Vanessa and Jarrod are in town from Vermont, and we've been spending time with them and my parents. David and Henry ask constantly, when we're not with them, about "Auntie Nessa and her buddy". Jarrod's great with the boys, playing tag with them, pushing them on the swings, chasing them, wrestling, swimming in the pool, playing baseball, catching fireflies, and playing in the sand. I have to say that surprised me, in a pleasant way.


We went to a barbecue at my parents' house for the 4th. Anyone who knows my dad knows the man loves an explosive. (Insert all of your jokes about him blowing himself up here.) We had a nice time with my parents, VJ and Jarrod, my parents' next door neighbors, and a couple of our friends and their children. We swam a TON. David has started swimming short distances with no swimmies on, and he's soooooo proud of himself. He was exhausted, and kept saying, "Just one more time!" He's doing so well. Henry's not quite at the same point yet, but I always need to remind myself he is one year younger. He does so well with his swimmies on, and they're both little fish. Henry fell asleep yesterday at about 6:00 and slept on my parents' bed through all of the fireworks and cannon explosions. And there were a lot! Tennesseans are serious about the 4th of July. There were people setting them off all throughout the neighborhood, and everyone was sitting in their driveways watching. The kids all did really well, especially considering how much playing they did and that they didn't go to bed until after 10. Henry spent the night at my parents' house and slept "in Gigi's bed!" He thinks my dad's bed is the couch!!!


Today we went to the boat with my parents, VJ, and Jarrod. They keep it at Center Hill Lake, which is a beautiful, enormous lake. We also had a jet ski today -- I think Chris has found a new love! He had a lot of fun on it, and I think he was a bit apprehensive to start. He loved it though. So did everyone else, and I will not be surprised if we have regular access to one soon. . . David and Henry called it "the tiny boat." Henry, the bad ass that he is, kept yelling "Faster, faster!" while he was on it. Not surprisingly, David wanted to go slower. They're still talking about it. Probably because Chris, David, Henry, and I all decided we'd go out on it together. We got about 30 feet and tipped over. Wonderful. David was crying because he was scared, Chris was trying to flip it back over, I was holding David and Henry, and Henry was hysterical because he couldn't ride "TINY BOAT!" I swam back with David and Henry (both obviously in life jackets) while Chris pushed the jet ski back in. It was pretty funny, once it was all over. And the boys keep talking about the tiny boat falling over. We all got a lot of sun, and are very, very tired.


Tomorrow David is back to speech. Chris goes back to work on Sunday night. Yuck! It's been so nice to have him home. He's been a huge help with the boys, especially since I've been really tired lately. We're going to go tomorrow to a park in Columbia, TN that has trains that you can ride on. They're small scale, but you ride on them nonetheless. David and Henry, who are train obsessed, will love it.

No comments: