CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Random Wednesday

  • I've been so bad about updating my blog. I have no excuses, other than a busy week!
  • Henry has had some constipation issues again. Seriously, I hate this more than any other part of parenting. I can't help him, and he can't help himself. He has done so well all summer - no issues. He had his allergic reaction two weeks ago and had a belly ache. So he didn't poop. Then he thought it would hurt to poop. So he didn't poop. And two weeks went by, during which he REALLY thought it would hurt. So he didn't poop. I gave the child an enema for crying out loud, and he didn't poop. FINALLY this morning, on the verge of me calling the pediatrician for a muscle relaxer for the poor child, we had some major movement. I will not let this be an issue at school for him. He will not be the child that poops his pants in pre-school and is forever labeled the child who poops his pants. Can you imagine? I hope if you are a parent you never have this issue at your house. I know it seems trivial in a sense, but it's not. It effects him physically, behaviorally, and emotionally.
  • Jack had his 18 month appointment Monday. He's not talking as much as she'd like, but I'm not really worried about it. Shocking, considering the issues we had with David's speech for years. However, Jack's lack of talking is much, much different than David's complete absence of speech. We'll have him evaluated at 2 years old if the concern is still there. And he weighs 28 pounds and has a head the size of a three year old. I guess he is big. . .
  • Chris had orientation for school yesterday and will register for classes by the end of the week. He is officially a college student! And I'm officially jealous. Looking into law school as we are registering him for his classes. It's much, much more affordable here than it was in Boston. As in, even on the realm of possibility. That shouldn't surprise me.
  • I have so many new cute pictures to upload. All on my new camera. And I don't know how to get them off! I'll have Christopher work on it tonight.
  • Our health insurance through Nissan ended June 30, and our COBRA paperwork hasn't yet been completed on their end. Shocked, right? What does that mean? We are currently without health insurance. I don't love that. I do love that our COBRA coverage is retro-active back to July 1. However, we've already paid almost $300 out of pocket for two doctor's visits and prescriptions. I'm very thankful that's not the norm for us, and that we'll be reimbursed.
  • 7 days until we leave for vacation. And so, so much preparation to do before then. I'm very ready for vacation. I've had a stressful couple of weeks. I don't get stressed easily, but there's been a lot going on between Henry's issues, David being sick, Henry's allergic reaction, getting Chris registered for school, leaving my job, starting a new job, and just daily life. I feel like things never settle down for us.
  • I am so excited to get back to New England for a visit!!
Have a great day!

No comments: