CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Dining Room

You may recall what our dining room looked like before. . .


Basic builder beige, nothing on the windows, lots of boxes and dish packs to take care of.
I was really not terribly motivated to get this room done immediately. 
We don't eat in here daily.
Enter my we're-hosting-Thanksgiving-and-I'm-not-doing-it-in-an-unfinished-room panic.
Please note, nobody who ate Thankgsiving here would have cared one tiny bit if we ate on paper plates at my kitchen table.
But I care.
Christopher worked his hiney off painting the room a lovely shade of blue.
He also hung my curtain rods. 
And the curtains. 
(Which are painter's drop cloths hung with curtain clips.)
And he hung them three times, until they were the length I wanted.

 Now?  The room I would keep behind a closed door is one of my favorites!
It doesn't even look like the same room.
I'm thrilled with the way it came out. 
We still have a bit more to do on a wall I've not shown, but I'll post that when it's done!
Two of our neighbors were here yesterday, and both have lived in the neighborhood for a number of years.
Both have also been in our house when the previous two owners lived here.
Both said, "This house looks the best it has ever looked."
That makes me smile.

3 comments:

chandra said...

Looks beautiful! Love the paint color and thrifty drop cloth window treatments. BTW, is that a coffee filter wreath on the door?

Kim said...

Thanks Chandra! And yes, it is a coffee filter wreath. I'm obsessed!!

GOODE TIME GIRLS! said...

love it all!!!!