CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Decorations.

I have finally gotten around to taking some Christmas pictures.  I have been so busy this month - it has flown by, and I cannot believe that Christmas is in one week.


This is our tree in our entry way.  
It has one of my favorite Christmas ornaments as the topper.


David made this poinsettia out of a paper plate four years ago in preschool, and I love it.  
Like, would take it out of a burning house love it.
I put it up high each year so nobody can ruin it, because that's how we roll.



This is the playroom tree.  
I put no ornaments on this that I love, because they would get broken.  Annually.
This beauty got an upgrade this year with a bigger tree.  

Ghosts of Christmas past. . . 

Christmas 2007
Look at those babies!

Christmas 2008
Evidently we skipped the photo version of 2009. . . this was 2010's playroom tree.

That little tree has been moved to the guest room.
It's on the window seat, and next year I'm going to try to finagle some sort of pot or planter box for it.
Henry decorated this tree.  He clearly does not subscribe to the "less is more" theory of decorating.



This is our living room tree, which is our biggest tree.
We wanted to cut it down this year.
But we bought it at a farm stand instead. . . close enough.
This is probably my favorite tree ever.  Which I think I say every year.


This is one of my favorites!
We got this in Lake George six years ago.

This is a new one this year!  It's a R*****n building, in honor of Katie's country. 
Also a new one - a Matroyshka doll, for our girl Katie Ruth. 
Love this one!   
This is one of my favorites.
One of my old managers from the Gap gave it to me about 10 years ago, and I love it.
It's heavy and simple.
And always hung up high.

My sweet little H and his fingerprint wreath.

And his Christmas elf photo from four years ago in preschool.
Every time he sees this he says, "I was grumpy that day at school," which cracks me up.

And one of my favorite parts of Christmas. . . the Christmas cards!

I got this little bird at an ornament swap last week.
I brought a Matroyshka doll and brought this home.
I LOVE it.  It reminds me of my Grammy Chet's tree.

Our nutcrackers.  We get new ones each year.
Bonus - this year we haven't broken any!

My favorite decorations this year!  And they were free!
When we bought our tree I asked if I could buy some clippings.  They told me just to take them.
I shoved some floral foam in the wall planters and poked the clippings in until they looked full.
I pulled my dead plants out of the urns and shoved the clippings in the dirt until they looked the way I wanted them to.  I love the final look!
(And the screen door is getting new screen and getting stained. . . it will be back better than new!)



No comments: