CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy 4th Birthday Jack!

How is possible that this little smooshy has turned four years old?  

Look at those tiny babies!
We celebrated on his actual birthday with a couple of gifts and a small cake.  He was very, very excited to be 4.  I'm not sure what he thought would happen once he turned 4, but he couldn't wait.




We had his birthday party yesterday.  It was the cheapest, easiest, lowest stress party I have ever done.  And I loved it.  We just had our family over, and Jack and Henry both told me it was the best birthday party ever.  We had spaghetti and meatballs, salad, and yummy bread, and I made a chocolate pirate cake.  We had some balloons and just enjoyed each other's company.  No ponies.  No crazy invitations.  Not millions of children running around.  No mess to clean up after.  It was wonderful.


Henry made a sign that says, "Happy 4th Brithday!"


He also painted Jack a picture of Jack.  It is perfect, and we will hang it next to Jack's bed.


Our decorations were just balloons that we hung all over the house and on the porch outside.  Balloons make everything feel like a party.


Jack is big into Pirates of the Caribbean right now, so David dressed as a pirate.  That's his mean pirate face.  Can't you tell?


I made a "pirate" cake.  It was the easiest cake I've ever made.  I used toys we had on the top.  The "sand" is graham cracker crumbs.  




This was my favorite gift!  A Gigi blanket from my mom.  It's fabulous!





I LOVE this photo!

Jack had a great birthday.
I cannot wait to see what 4 years old brings for this little wild man!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Those are the best kinds of parties!