CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 20, 2012

It's Breakfast Time!

Next up on our remodel list?  Our breakfast room.  This is what it looks like now.


We haven't painted since we moved in.  We have replaced the light fixture and painted the globe lights.  We replaced the back door also.  We have also had a leaky roof.  This caused some issues with the drywall, so that was all the motivation we needed to do some remodeling.  So these are some things I'm thinking of doing


I love this board and batten with the molding ledge.  Our ceiling in the breakfast room is bead board, so we will either do bead board or a board and batten on the walls.  I want it to be about four feet tall, and we have an eight inch baseboard, so it will be high.  The ceiling in that room is twelve feet at the highest (it's slanted) so I think the scale needs to be tall.  I love this grey color too, but not for the breakfast room.  I would love to do this color in our master bedroom.


I love, love, love this color.  


I like this one too, but I think it's a little too celery-ish.  


I would love to remove two of our chairs and put an upholstered banquette piece under the windows.  We have a perfect couch in my office that I can have if we find a replacement for the lobby.  


I love the look of this.  


I adore this - framed family recipes.  I have several of my grandmother and great grandmother's cookbooks with hand written recipes.  I will be doing this.

No comments: