CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Let me start by saying it IS possible to stay up all night waiting for Santa. . . that's what I've spent the last night doing. I literally did not sleep a minute. I'm not sure what that's about, but rest assured Santa came and dropped his stuff of at our house!


Here is a photo of the gingerbread house we made. The Simpsons will never be seen on a Food Network gingerbread challenge! I assembled the house while David and Henry were sleeping, and the next morning it promptly got yanked onto the floor. David asked, "Do you have anymore of the white glue to put it back together?" So cute. I did, so I put it back together. . . we waited a while and decorated it. Chris, Henry and I did most of the decorating, while David spent most of his time eating the candy!

Last night my mom and I took David and Henry to church for the Christmas Eve service. They were so well behaved and sweet. At one (very quiet point) David said, "How do we get out of here anyway?" That got a little chuckle from everyone around us. I was so proud of them. David said, "Daddy, we go to church and I saw baby Jesus on an island!" They had a display with baby Jesus in a manger with palm trees, and David equated that with him being on an island. After church we went to my parents house, and Chris' parents met us there. We had a nice, relaxing evening. David and Henry were ALL about opening some gifts and kept asking where the rest were. There had been baskets full when we were there earlier in the day, and they didn't forget that! Today should be completely overwhelming for them with all of the gifts they'll get to open.
I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Merry Christmas.

Thanks for the AWESOME picture of the boys. They will join the others on our frig. They are too cute.
I bet they had a blast seeing what Santa brought. The girls were so excited. I, like you, was up all night Christmas Eve. I was just too excited to sleep. But I'm sure I must have slept at some point? Oh well.

Vanessa Jo said...

Hey, glad it sounds like you had a nice Christmas....sorry I wasn't there with y'all! I missed you guys, it just didn't really feel like Christmas for me. Oh well, I'll see you in a month!