CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sickos

Where have we been for the last few days? At the doctor's office(s)! We determined that Jack's hives were caused by an allergic reaction to penicillin. A severe reaction. His hives continued to get worse and worse and worse. He wasn't having any breathing issues, so we didn't get too worried. Finally Sunday morning we called the doctor again, because he was like one big hive. She wanted him to be seen, so I brought him to urgent care, where the nurse took one look at him and said they wouldn't treat him. Off to the emergency room. One steroid prescription and one zithromax script for his pneumonia (?!) later, we were on our way. I question the pneumonia now though, because. . .

I have the flu! The ten minute flu test was positive after one minute of processing. . . Yesterday I felt like death. I was so weak I had to have Chris put my socks on! I literally do not ever remember feeling so ill. Thank God my father-in-law had already offered to come over yesterday, because I was useless. I went to my parents house and slept while my father-in-law was here, then my mom came over after work to feed my children and put them to bed. Chris has no available time at work to take off, so I was very, very thankful they could help us. I feel a little better this morning, but have NO energy. I'm exhausted and vacillate between sweating like a pig and shivering like I'm standing outside with no clothes on in the dead of winter.

Now, David is sick again. He has a fever and and keeps saying, "My cranium hurts!" Yes, I'm serious. I think our nursing student sitter practices her A&P on him! I so hope he doesn't have the flu too. I'm keeping him home from school today and having Chris bring David and Jack to the doctor. Jack was up like six times last night, which he never does. I am exhausted!

I hope everyone is well at your house!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I am SO sorry you are sick!! Rest up!
Did you get a flu shot this year? I always wonder if they work or not!