CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 13, 2011

What We've Been Up To


Back to the breakfast room. . .
We knew we would paint these globe light fixtures when we moved in.
We just couldn't decide what color. 
They almost were just blending into the wall and ceiling when they were white.

Down they came.
And they were f.i.l.t.h.y.

A little of my beloved Rustoleum ORB paint.
And they're f.a.b.u.l.o.u.s.

The difference is pretty dramatic, and they stand out nicely now.

Next up?
I painted the backs of this bookcase the same blue as the dining room walls.
It's in the hallway between the kitchen/bathroom/dining room/and living room.
What do you do with a space like that?
We removed the door between the living room and hallway, and I'm going to use this as a built-in bookcase.
I think I'll put a little rug on the floor and some paint on the walls.
And a new light fixture.
Maybe from IKEA?!

No comments: