CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 20, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

One of my New Year's resolutions was to try not to complain so much. Right, it's July. Some people give up their resolutions part way through the year. I choose to start then! I have so much to be thankful for, I think I should list a few of them. To remind myself.


  1. Chris rocks. He works very hard at a job he probably would rather scrap for the beach somewhere. His dedication to his job allows me to stay home with our children, which is something we're both committed very strongly to. He loves me totally, and puts up with a lot more than many husbands probably would. I'm not always the easiest person to get along with (yes, this I admit) but he is thankfully not afraid of a challenge. His schedule sucks, but it also has it's benefits. He loves the whole Simpson clan for who we are, and he doesn't want us to change. I need to tell him more often how much I appreciate him and all he does for us.
  2. David and Henry are pretty cool too. They are definitely a challenge, and there is never a dull moment. However, they are amazing little boys. So different, but such similar little things. David is so smart, always curious, and incredibly witty. He's caring, protective of his brother, and very loving. Henry is my little firecracker. He's 100 miles an hour all day long, so silly, has a wicked sense of humor already, a great friend to his little buds, and has such a generous soul. He's sweet to everyone, and is already full of charm and charisma. At the end of the day, even when they're totally pushing the limits, to have them wrap their little arms around my neck and say, "I wub you Mama" makes it all worth it.
  3. My friends are the bomb. Far-away friends Stephanie and Michele are like my sisters. We always will be close in our hearts, even though we don't live close together geographically. They're the most supportive, caring, understanding, funny friends I could ask for, and I'm so lucky to have them. Julie, my closest friend in TN, is another who falls into that category. Both living far from home, both needing someone to fill a void, we clung to each other like people on a life raft! We have the same thoughts, enjoy the same things, sometimes feel like the same person. She understands me like we've been friends for 12 years, not 2. I love her family, and I know she loves mine. She keeps my secrets and I keep hers, even though I'm a terrible secret keeper! I have lots of other great friends too, both far and near, and they are certainly not forgotten. My friends have always been like family to me, and I am confident that they know how much I appreciate and love them.
  4. My parents and in-laws are fantastic. My parents uprooted their entire lives to move here. Over 50 years of living in the same place, careers, family, and friends. And they left it to come to a place where they knew nobody but me. (Again, reference the paragraph where I say I can be difficult to live with. . . they know this better than anyone!) It was probably a crap shoot, but I think it's worked out. I'm certain they don't know how appreciative I am that they moved here. And not just for the free babysitting. For the relationships they're developing with my children. For the impact they're having on their lives, and the memories they're creating. David and Henry love their Gigi and Grampy enormously and talk about them every day. That wouldn't happen if they lived over 1000 miles away, no matter how much we visited. I'm so grateful that they took a chance. And my in-laws have been wonderful to me from the day I met them. They've always treated me like a daughter, not a daughter-in-law. They are so great with David and Henry, and love them so much. They also did a great job with my husband!
  5. Our AC is working! Life in TN is H-O-T in July, and the air has been cranking. We didn't think it would make it through the summer, but it's surprised us. There's not a day that goes by that I don't enjoy the AC in our house!
  6. Diet Coke and Lean Cuisine gourmet mushroom pizzas and Santa Fe style rice and beans, McDonald's fruit and nut salad, Fruit2O, and Honey Bunches of Oats cereal. I'm pregnant. I can't say enough about my staple foods.
  7. Popsugar.com I'm obsessed. I love me some celebrity gossip.
  8. My minivan. Sad, but true. I didn't realize how much I adored the thing until I had to give it up for a few days.
  9. Electricity. OK, random, I know. However, we had none last night, and it sucked. I had no AC, no fan, HI, no lights. Henry was scared, I was bored, and it wasn't fun. Electricity rules.
  10. My OB. I seriously go through withdrawal when I'm not pregnant and can't see her on a regular basis. She's awesome -- a great doctor as well as a funny girl. I get to see her tomorrow, and I can't wait. If only I didn't have to pay her for her friendship. . .

No comments: