CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

WHY?

Why
From the Merriam-Webster dictionary:
Pronunciation: 'hwI, 'wI
Function: adverb
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English hwy, instrumental case of hwæt what -- more at WHAT: for what cause, reason, or purpose

AKA: My least favorite word in the English language. Especially when spewed from the mouth of a three year old. All. Day. Long.

While I appreciate his curiosity, I wish he would take it elsewhere. Or that I could say to him, at 6:05 PM after hearing the word all day long, "I don't fucking know why!" and that would be an OK answer. (Don't worry folks, I won't say that. And sorry Grammy, I'm certain you don't appreciate that sort of language from me. Sometimes it's necessary. Please don't ask why.)

No comments: