CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 16, 2007

Poor Henry!

We had some excitement after lunch today when Henry fell and hit his lip on a bookshelf. He got a gash underneath his lip, about 1/2 an inch wide. We brought him to the ER, and he got three stitches. It was QUITE traumatic for both of us, as he was strapped to a board with three people holding him down for the procedure. There's no way it would have been done otherwise, because he fought so much even strapped down, but it was not a pretty sight. His eyes were about as wide as half dollars, and he kept screaming, "MAMA! HELP ME!" I was crying, he was crying -- it was a mess! He looks like he has a black grape in his lip, and he's got three little black whisker stitches hanging out. I asked him how his boo-boo was, and he said, "It real bad. Kiss it," and pointed to A SCRATCH ON HIS KNEE! Hello! I meant the freaking contusion on your face! It's not slowed him down at all though, and he's been as wild as ever since we got home from the hospital. I'm sure this won't be his last trip. . . I have photos of it, but don't want to get up to get the camera right now. LAZY!

David will start preschool two days a week in September. Today we were talking about lunch boxes and nap mats, and I was showing him some different ones he could choose from. I was, of course, pointing out the really cute lime green fabric lunch box with his name embroidered in bright blue on it, and he started screaming excitedly. Not for the embroidered one, however. For the freaking vinyl Cars lunch box. Are you kidding me? This is my worst nightmare come true. I realize this isn't about what I like, since it will be his lunch packed in it, but come on! He's only three -- I sincerely thought that I'd be able to select cute things for longer than three years. Although it will pain me to do so, and I do mean that literally, I will get him the Cars lunchbox. But I won't like it, and I refuse to buy a Cars backpack!!!! I guess I should be thankful the Cars lunch box is less expensive than the really cute embroidered one. . . it's the little things, people.

1 comment:

Amy said...

poor henry! give him big hugs and kisses from us! ♥

and i want to see the pics of the lip! :)

miss you!