CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

False Alarm

Chris and I spent a portion of the (very early!) morning at the hospital today in the triage area of labor & delivery. I was up all night with crampy contractions and a very sore back, so I finally called my doctor. Thankfully she was on call, so she had me come in. I called Chris at work and couldn't get him, so I had to call security and have them find him. He came home, and I called my parents. My mom came over and stayed for the boys. We got to the hospital, got hooked up to the monitor, and waited. And waited. And waited. I was contracting, but not enough. The best news though was that I've started to dilate, and at my appointment on Monday I hadn't dilated at all. This rest period will last today and perhaps tomorrow, and then I'm done. I have another appointment on Monday, and I'm hoping if I just resume my normal activities I'll dilate more by Monday and my doctor will push my c-section up. There is NOTHING more disappointing than going all the way to the hospital and having contractions but they're not enough.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Honestly, I don't know how the hell you're doing it. I get tired just reading about how busy your life is. Hopefully Jack will be here soon.