CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy New Year and All That

So I'm a little behind. Happy New Year! Obviously I had a rockin' New Year's Eve. . . I'm pretty sure I was sleeping at like 9!

I had a doctor's appointment today to check on the Jackster. My dad got more than he bargained for today watching my children! My appointment went from 15 minutes to three hours. My doctor told that "if your husband can take time off, now is the time for him to do it." My blood pressure was 137/97 which is really high for me, I'm having actual measurable contractions now, and Jack is resting his head on my pubic bone. She said if I were dilated at all, which thankfully I'm not, we'd be looking at delivery. I had to have an ultrasound to see how his lungs are functioning and how big he is. Since I'm just over 36 weeks pregnant (and a normal full-term pregnancy is 40 weeks), she doesn't want to deliver yet because he would more likely than not need to spend time on a ventilator. Jack's approximately 6 pounds, 6 ounces and had great lung/diaphragm function, etc. so we're just playing it by ear. She said I need to be "hanging out on the couch or in bed" for several hours a day, no grocery shopping, no trips to Target (I laughed when she specifically said THAT!), no lifting, etc. I specifically asked if I'm on bed rest, and she said no, but I need to "not do anything extra and have someone stay with me if possible." Thank GOD I only have 16 days until my scheduled delivery. I'm sort of hoping that when I go next week she'll bump me up. I've noticed, just with my small amount of rest time today since I got home, that as soon as I get up I start having contractions. We'll see if I actually make it until the 23rd. Nobody around here thinks I will! My mom came over with dinner tonight and stayed to help me put the boys to bed. It's so, so nice to have them live so close.

I had a fabulous baby shower this weekend with my friends and got so much wonderful stuff for Jack. Lots of clothes, bottles, two adorable bags, and great other treats for him. I'm (re)packing his bag tonight into one of his new cute bags, and I'm packing my stuff in the other bag! I figured since we're this close I could actually pack, just in case. . .

3 comments:

Susan said...

Exciting news. I can't imagine you'll go until the end of the month....especially since this is your third baby and they tend to visit sooner. Glad you are doing well. I can't wait to see this little bugger!

Unknown said...

Hi Kim. Good to hear from you and that things seem well. Good luck taking it easy. Sure wish I could swing by to help but TN is pretty far from MA! I loved hearing how you stayed up all night on Christmas eve... Take care! love, Nicole

Kelly said...

I'm so excited that Jack will be here soon! Hope that your mom and Chris are taking great care of you! Put your feet up and relax when you can! Take care! Love, Kelly