CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Tree Lighting



We have seriously moved to Mayberry.  Our town had a tree lighting last night with Christmas carol singing by candlelight. 

And a little party after.  That was pot luck.  For the whole town.  I'm. Not. Kidding.  Seriously - everyone in town (population 550) who went to the tree lighting was in the town hall (1 room) buffet style getting snacks and cookies. 


The subdivision we've moved here from had more people than this whole town.  I walked in and a woman I've never in my life seen before said to me, "Oh!  You must be the woman who bought the house on College Street.  It's so nice to meet you.  Welcome to town!"  Are you kidding me?  I guess I was the only person there she didn't know, so process of elimination led her to that?!  And everyone is so nice.  I told Chris I felt like we were in a horror movie - you know - when everyone is so nice in the start of the movie and then go all Freddie Kruger on you?  It was very quaint, and a little strange. 

1 comment:

GOODE TIME GIRLS! said...

I love it!!
We have to come visit soon!
XOXO-
KJ