CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Dream On

In less than 24 hours we'll know if our new baby will be a boy or a girl. . . I can't wait to find out!

When I was pregnant with David, we didn't find out if he was a boy or a girl. I said from the start that I thought he was a boy, and I had two dreams that I was having a boy. With Henry, I think I was just so shocked that I was pregnant, I didn't even really think about having a boy or a girl -- I couldn't even quite grasp that I was having another baby. We did find out at our ultrasound what he was, but I still didn't even really believe I was having a baby until we were leaving the hospital with him. Something about having a 20 week old baby and finding out you're 3 months pregnant forces one into denial!

This time, I've said from the start I think it's a girl. Wishful thinking? Perhaps. I will, of course, not be disappointed if it's another boy. I think they would be great friends since they'll all be so close in age. I think three boys would be fun, if not noisy, chaotic, and smelly. As many people would, however, already having two boys I think a girl would be great.

I've had two dreams about the baby so far, and in both it was clearly a girl. In the first I was looking through the nursery window at her, and she was wearing a little sleeper with pink and red flowers on it and a HUGE red bow in her hair. (I LOVE bows in little girls hair. The bigger the better. Obviously I'm truly a southern girl at heart, because nowhere else will you find a child with a bow bigger than her head.) In my dream last night, Chris and I were at my ultrasound appointment and found out it was a girl. I left the room and the ultrasound tech gave Chris a scrapbook with the baby's ultrasound photos in it, but only the first photo was an ultrasound picture and the rest were all actual newborn photographs (but still ultrasound pics in my dream?!) The last page had a spot to fill in the baby's name, and whatever you filled in was the legal name of the child. Obviously this will never happen in real life, since Chris tosses around names like Sangria, Oprah and 'Lil Kim. However, in the dream he filled in the baby's name and named her Rayna Layna Simpson. WHAT?! I woke up laughing.

So, tomorrow we'll know the answer. I'll post to let everyone know if it's another boy or a Rayna Layna Simpson! And then, the name game will truly start!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim-

If it is a girl I think that the perfect name for her would be Michele...Just like I tell everyone else I know it's a nice name you know!!!!!!!!!! I can not wait until you find out!!!!!Boy or girl as long as you have a healthy baby that is my wish for your family!!!!!!!!!!!!