CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Jitters?

David had his registration for first grade yesterday.  We went to meet his teacher, and I liked her a lot.  David wouldn't know if he likes her, since he WOULDN'T. ENTER. THE. ROOM.  WTF?  I had a lot of patience for his anxiousness last year - it was a new school, a whole new set of rules, new people, etc.  I can promise you I don't have as much patience for it this year.  There were three freaking kids David knew in the classroom registering while we were there.  And there were only five kids in the room.  I'm sure Monday, the first day of school, will be a blast.  I predict much crying and carrying on. . . I told him that his educational assistant was the same this year as it was last year, his "little girl" Sophia is in his class, some friends from his Kindergarten class are in the class with him, and his classroom is directly across the hall from his Kindergarten classroom.  (And Henry is in K this year. . . across the hall.)  You would have thought I was bringing the child for his first day of school in Siberia and he had never seen the place before.  Hopefully he was just looking for some attention and Monday will be a breeze. . .

No comments: