CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 26, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

We had a busy weekend!  Did you?  We didn't do anything too terribly exciting - we just seemed to be on the go.  I will itemize (ahem, Misty!):

1.  Saturday Chris, D, & H sold Boy Scout popcorn outside of Kroger.  Want some?  It's delicious, and I'd love to sell you some if you'd like.  Let me know.  I have other things that are slightly more important to me for which I'm currently hitting people up for money. . .

2.  While they were selling popcorn, I went to a Thirty-One party at my friend Erica's house.  I bought a couple of cute goodies, including teacher gifts for this Christmas, among others.

3.  Saturday evening we went, along with my parents, to the Fall Festival at DreamCatchers Therapy Services.  This is where David goes to OT, and Ms. Dana is in.cred.ible.



She had a fundraiser to raise money to fund scholarships to DreamCatchers for children who need therapy but whose parents can't afford it.  (And I can attest, occupational therapy is not cheap.)  There was a hayride, tons of games, inflatables for the kids, you could tour the facility, there was a silent auction, dinner and s'mores.

D, on his favorite swing.

Dana operates DreamCatchers as a non-profit organization, and if you are considering making a donation somewhere other than our adoption I would so strongly urge you to consider donating to DreamCatchers.  Dana, through David's OT and the things she has taught us, has literally changed our lives.  More importantly, she has changed David's.  He is a different child than the boy I brought to her in April.  We are far from done on this trip with David, but we are so, so far from where we started.  I know we are not the only family on which Dana has had such an impact.  And, other than the amazing work she does with the children at DreamCatchers, I like her SO much as a person.  She is fun, smart, funny, gorgeous, sassy, and just fun to be around.  She is passionate about helping children, and is just such an asset to our family.  I cannot say enough positive things about her and the program she offers.  Please check it out - let her know I sent you!

4.  Sunday we hung out at home.  Jack and I went grocery shopping, and -shockingly- I didn't want to hurt him or myself.  He was really well behaved.  I know I shouldn't be so surprised, but he does have a well earned reputation for being a bit naughty.

5.  We spent a lot of time hauling down our fall decorations from the attic and putting some out.  And randomly some Christmas wreaths got pulled down.  Now, I'm all for some Christmas decorations and may or may not have had a "Thanksgiving tree" last year.  But September is early even for me.

6.  I made some pinecone bird feeders with the big boys while Jack was napping.  They've already been nibbled at by some little birds!


7.  After Jack woke up?  We tackled this little beauty of a project. . . 


Our playroom looked like what I envision Hell to resemble. . . legos and Star Wars guys all over the place like a bomb went off, naked baby dolls, broken toys, and mismatched puzzles.  And a little baby Indiana Jones half dressed sitting on the Swedish furniture playing the Wii. . . 

8.  Today I sent back David's paperwork for his speech referral.  We'll see how that pans out through the school.  I have a private back up to call if he's not approved through the school.  I don't think he will be, which is not based on anything but our previous experience with the state's criteria for receiving services.  I will be pleasantly surprised if my experience is wrong this time.

I hope you had a great weekend.  Did you do anything fun??


1 comment:

Misty said...

You tell them Boy Scouts to get off of my Girl Scouts' corner. (Why does all of my comments make me sound like a hooker?!)