CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Chew, chew, chew



I am, everyday, continually amazed by David and Henry. They seem to learn something new constantly, and they're always impressed by the smallest things. They looooove when I chew gum and want me to blow bubbles all the time, and they're very interested in how I make the bubbles happen. I don't chew bubble gum -- I prefer minty, fresh flavored breath, as opposed to smelling like a watermelon blast. Minty fresh gum aint great for bubbles. We've tried to get David to chew gum before, but he swallowed it and threw up. Needless to say, after that happened I wasn't really interested in Henry giving it a go. Yesterday though, he decided it was time. I found him in the blue room, surrounded by gum wrappers and half chewed pieces of gum. He had fed some of the half chewed pieces to the dog. (This is probably a good thing, since she likes to snack on poopy diapers she digs out of the trash can. . . I prefer peppermint dog breath over poop dog breath any day.) He was saying, "Oooh! Spicy! This hot! I like it!" and spitting the gum out. This morning he thought he'd try again, this time with a little prodding from us. I've tried to post a video of him "chew, chew, chew"-ing his gum - I hope it works! It's probably odd that I find so much pleasure in him chewing gum, but for some reason I really do!


In other exciting news, today was a great day! It started off with a phone call at 6:30 this morning. Normally that would have been not great. Today however, it was Daddy calling to tell me that he had just stopped at the BRAND NEW DUNKIN DONUTS and got me a coffee!!!!! Four years without regular access to Dunks is over!!! Christopher didn't quite understand my excitement. Henry looked at the cup and said, "Where the donuts?" How does he know that cup comes from a place that sells donuts? I'm sipping my second one of the day (at almost 8 o'clock at night!). D, H, & I stopped on the way back from picking up the car to get a "pink donut" and I got another coffee.


I had a fun lunch with my girls (without my children) for Melanie's birthday. We ate at Jim 'n Nicks which is one of my favorites. After lunch, David and Henry took a nap. This is big news, because David's been very resistant to his naps since moving out of his crib. I'm so thankful that he seems to be headed back toward napping, because he really needs it! We also, as I mentioned, picked up the Pacifica from the dealer. The repair is done, and I'm done with the car. Hopefully we'll go tomorrow morning to start looking for a new car. I'm (hopefully!) about to become a member of the minivan mafia!


I am off to go fold some laundry and price some yard sale stuff. Have a great night!

1 comment:

k10 said...

Here I sit, Dunkin by my side, wishing that there were NOT a DD near my home...it's awful...but please know how SCREWED I would be if there was a Starbucks closer than Leominster!! GAH!