CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 28, 2007

What a weekend!

Let me start off with the big news of the weekend. . . NO MORE PACIFICA!!! We went on Friday and traded it in. We got a 2007 Nissan Quest. I can't believe how freaking excited I am to drive a minivan. I know -- I'm really, really not cool. I would say not cool anymore, but I'm not sure I ever was! I'm so glad to be rid of that car. And, wouldn't you know, I checked the messages when we got home Friday night and there was one from someone calling about the Pacifica being for sale!

David started back at speech therapy on Friday. His longtime therapist Ms. Bev left in March and his new therapist couldn't start seeing him until the beginning of May. With his surgery, that backed the start up until this past Friday. Two months off was a long time! I was worried about how he would be with Ms. Beth, his new therapist, because he can be very shy when he first meets people. We had been talking about Ms. Beth a lot, and the first thing he said to her was, "You my Ms. Beth? You like my blue shoes? This my brother Henry." Okaaaaaay. We didn't have anything to worry about. Hopefully that lasts beyond the sort of honeymoon period in the first few weeks. He did great in his first appointment with her, so it's looking good! She'll be evaluating him over the next few weeks, and I'm very curious to see how he scores. He's not been evaluated formally, as in following a standardized test, for a year, and he's had HUGE speech developments over that year. We miss Ms. Bev, but we still visit her and I know we'll love Ms. Beth too.

Saturday we hung out at my parents house with them and Julie, Darrell, and JT. We all swam, played outside, and had a barbecue. It was lots of fun. The boys were exhausted. And so were the parents!! David and Henry are doing so well in the pool. David especially. I have to call tomorrow to get them signed up for swimming lessons. David can go in the water with his floaties on and stay above water while kicking his legs, floating, and treading water. Henry's a little more unsure, but not afraid to just jump right in! I obviously can't take them both at the same time to lessons, so I'm hoping to get Henry into the first class since David's doing so much better.

Sunday we ran some errands and did stuff around the house. Nothing exciting. Today was more of the same. We went swimming this afternoon after D&H woke up from their naps. Everyone's in bed and I'm working on a cake for tomorrow. I have some pictures to post of David and Henry in their new super hero pajamas, but the camera's in the car and I'm too lazy to get it!

No comments: