CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 21, 2007

The Farmer's Marky


We spent the morning at the "Farmer's Marky" today, as David called it. David got all dressed up in his getup he picked out, hat and sunglasses, and he was so proud. They lasted about 10 minutes after we got there, and then he got sick of keeping
track of them and put them in the stroller. We loved it there! There was a great selection of local fruits and vegetables, plants, flowers, spices, honey, etc. We got purple peppers, strawberries, peaches, green tomatoes, red potatoes, Lebanese zucchini, and little cucumbers. YUM! David and Henry have been all about some strawberries and peaches today. We'll definitely be headed back soon.




While we were there, we walked across the street to Bicentennial Park. David kept asking where the slide was and saying, "Almost a little more to get to the slide?" Well there's no slide there, but he was content to run around with Henry and their best friend J.T. I think Henry ran a mile while we were there. It was a nice morning, and great weather to be outside. I figured they would be exhausted (which they were) and come home to nap . . . no such luck. They must have been juiced up with all of the strawberries they ate.

We hung out here for a while then headed to the fountains at Stonecrest Hospital to splash in the water. I brought David's tricycle and Henry's scooter, and David rode that tricycle all over the fountain area. This is a new skill for him (as in, within the last three or four days) and he's already doing so much better than he was. He got a bicycle for Christmas, but is a bit scared of it. I think he'll be on it in no time, considering how well he's doing on his trike!

Now for my pet peeve of the day. . . Seriously, why do people not strap their children into a carseat? Or even a freaking seatbelt?? I saw two seperate cars today with unsecured children in them. And I'm not talking about children who are old enough to make the decision for themself. I mean children under the age of 5ish. The first incident was at the fountains this afternoon. I pulled up, and there were two men there with six small children. OK, that alone is odd! There was only one other car in the area, a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I thought it was odd, but really started to wonder when they gathered up all of the (at this point crying) children and headed toward the Jeep. One man strapped three of the children into carseats in the back seat. The fourth child rode in the front seat, with no seatbelt. I estimate him to be around 5. The other two children, also I would say between 4 and 6 years old, rode in the TRUNK area with the other man, with the TAILGATE OPEN!!!!!!!! WHAT?! Not one of the two grown men in the situation thought maybe this wasn't a great idea? The second incident was at Publix this afternoon. We were crossing the street, Henry riding in the seat of the shopping cart, David holding my hand, and a car with the radio thumping ripped through the parking lot. It was a "woman" (in her 20s, at the oldest) with two small children in the car. One in the front seat, no seatbelt, and one in the back seat standing up looking out the back window. HELLO!!!! I don't understand it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see David is dressing up like his Grandpa!

k10 said...

That annoys me too!! OMG! And so of course I voice my concerns...Shawn says I can't *Mother the World*--but isn't that idiocracy at it's "best"?!

I hate stupid people. Ignorant SOB's!!