CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Jack-in-the-Belly



Here are Jack's latest ultrasound pictures. She was able to see everything that she couldn't last time. I chuckled when I saw in the notes from my last appointment, "Baby uncooperative during U/S". Is that a sign of things to come? I wanted to say, "Uncooperative?! Lady, you should meet his older brothers!" I have no clue what the top picture is. Part of his face, I assume, since that was the main focus of the ultrasound. He kept bringing his hand to his face (waving at me?!), and you can see it in sort of the top right corner of the bottom picture. (If you click on the strip of photos, it will get larger.) He was moving a lot, but not moving around. Kicking, batting his hands, etc. but not rolling around. His development is exactly where it should be and everything looks great. I have all of my appointments scheduled until my delivery. How is that possible?! We're shooting for delivery on January 25th, but my doctor didn't seem really optimistic that I would make it that long. She pointed out that babies don't generally get smaller as you continue to have them, so we're potentially looking at over 9 pounds. Henry was born 4 days earlier than Jack would be if born on the 25th, because I started to go into labor. Obviously knowing I'll be having a c-section delivery she doesn't want me to go into labor naturally. We're going to play it by ear obviously, but we're shooting for January 25th. And with my WAY type-A personality planning issues, I'll be mildly (or not so mildly?!) annoyed if he comes early and all of my planning for child care, etc. doesn't work out!

No comments: