CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Two Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed

David and Henry got new beds today. They've been slumbering (is that a word?) in toddler beds. For those out of the baby loop, a toddler bed is a mini-bed you put a crib mattress on. They're far too big for that. Especially when they want me to snuggle them. Picture me, now six months pregnant, curled up in essentially a crib with no sides. With Henry or David. Riiiiiight. It's not pretty. And they were able to do all sorts of naughty things with the aid of the bed. Break into "piggy pails" as they call them (and I do mean break -- two ceramic piggy banks have been broken), pull the bed over to the door and barricade me out, etc. Lots of mischief making. So today they are the proud new owners of bunk beds. Who do you think will break an arm first? I know everyone just said Henry! Let's hope nobody. They're "in bed" now. They've been there for ten minutes and I've already gone in to confiscate a whistle and turn the lights off twice. Why would they never get out of the bed that was three inches from the floor, but they can't stay in this one?! Henry was sobbing in the first picture because I wouldn't let him have a milkshake in the bed. MEAN MOMMY!

UPDATE! I went back into their room to check on them after I thought they had fallen asleep but then heard crying. They were both laying on the floor, and Henry was crying saying, "David try to pick my nose! That's private!" David thinks it's a riot to stick his finger up your nose if you're sleeping, so I'm positive that's what happened. Henry quickly went to sleep in his bed after the nose violation. I went back in about 15 minutes later to get their laundry, and David was sleeping on the floor! I had to pick him up and shove him over my head and the bed rail into his bed. I seriously need to start keeping a step stool in their room!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim
They look very proud of there new bed.
I look forward to your stories
every day.
Love you all
Gram

Amy said...

toooo funny! i really like the bunks! where'd you get them?