CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Our Weekend


I can't believe another weekend's gone by! Friday I had a cake to deliver in Germantown, one of my favorite neighborhoods in Nashville. Chris worked Friday night, and the boys pretty much spent the entire day playing outside in the tree that fell down. Who knew that would be so much fun?

Saturday I had another cake to finish and deliver in the morning. After that, my mom and I took David and Henry to the circus and they had so much fun! They ate lots of cotton candy and ice cream, got to get ridiculously over priced light up swords and spinner things, and ride an elephant. I was SHOCKED that they wanted to ride the elephant instead of the little mini-horses, but they were adamant that they wanted to ride the elephant. I was very nervous that I would pay the $7 per person and they'd get up there and be scared, but they weren't. They loved it! They crashed hard in the car on the way home and slept from 4:30 last night until this morning. They didn't even wake up in their beds when I changed them out of their clothes. The tree guys were here when we got back from the circus to evaluate the damage, clean up, etc. The tree that fell is one of a clump of three trees, and they all need to come down. Obviously the one that split, but the other two are full of TERMITES! YUCK! It seems like a huge job to me, but they didn't seem like it was. They'll bring a crane in to do it, which D&H will love. I almost be sad when the mess is gone, because they've had so much fun playing in it!
We had a pretty lazy morning today. The boys played outside (surprise!) and Chris and I read the paper and picked up a little. Then I went grocery shopping. I abhor grocery shopping, so it's always a HUGE chore (and expense!) when I finally get around to doing it. Today was no exception. When I got back the boys were really excited to check everything out and pick what they wanted for lunch. It doesn't take much to please them! After lunch Henry took a nap and David and I went outside to put some Halloween decorations out. It's so nice out, and he wanted to ride his tricycle, so I decided to clean up the highchair we got for Jack. I busted out the Murphy's Oil Soap and cleaned that up. Then I felt like I should keep going, so I brought all of our kitchen chairs out and the boys' small table and chairs and did those. Bringing them all back in, I decided I wanted to scrub down the walls, baseboard, and chair rail in the kitchen. Then I cleaned the table with the Murphy's and took the leaf out. It looks and smells so much better in the kitchen! There are some spots on the wall that we need to touch up because of stains or marks that I couldn't get off. The paint on those walls frustrates me! I think tomorrow I'd like to do all of the doors, baseboard, and trim in the house while Henry sleeps. I have some cleaning bug apparently.
Tomorrow morning I have another appointment with my OB to check on Jack. I'll have an ultrasound again because he wasn't very cooperative last time, and we were unable to see his face. I hope we can get some better photos this time. And I'm also going to double check to make sure he's really a boy!!! David has school, and Henry will hang out with Chris. On my way home from the doctor's I'm also going to pick up the bedding for Jack's room. It's a cute animal pattern from Pottery Barn. I'm excited to get going on his room. We need to move the office stuff out first, which will probably happen next weekend. Our anniversary is on Tuesday, and our gift to each other will be a new computer armoire. David and Henry are spending Friday night at my in-law's house, and I think we'll take advantage of that time to get the armoire all set up. MUCH easier to do that without little helping hands! And once that is all moved out of Jack's room, we can decide on paint colors and get going on that. He'll be here before we know it, and we have lots that I want to get done before then!

No comments: