CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Weekend Roundup

What did you do this weekend?  
Saturday morning we went to the Farmer's Market in Franklin.  I think it's the best one around.  The Nashville Farmer's Market is good and has a large selection.  It's open all week, which is a bonus, but it's in sort of a ghetto neighborhood.  I don't like that.  The Franklin Farmer's Market is at The Factory and it's really nice.  There's a great mix of vendors, and a good variety.  The only downside?  So many people know about it.  We've been going for a couple of years, and it's grown tremendously.  While I love that, because it just brings more variety, et cetera, I hate it too because there are so many people there!  If you want to go, go early.  There's everything from the obvious fruits and veggies, to breads, fresh baked cookies, honey, the most amazing pies from Geraldine (Seriously, the MOST amazing.  Worth a trip just for her pies.), hand made soaps and lotions, organic goat cheese, hummus, flowers, pickles, preserves, jams and jellies, organic meats and eggs, herbs, dog treats. . . seriously more than you could imagine.  And if you get hot or bored (or need to use the potty!) you can go inside and walk around the Factory.  There's a lot of good window shopping, a coffee shop, clean bathrooms, and cool air conditioning.  


After the Farmer's Market we came home and Jack took a nap.  I brought David and Henry to the movies to see . . . 


It was so cute!  They were to go today with Chris and his dad to the 3-d version.  However, Chris had already told them that he would bring them on Saturday.  He thought perhaps he could reason with them so they would just see it on Sunday. . . notsomuch.  We opted for the normal version on Saturday.  They liked it a lot, as did I.  It's a cute story.  Barbie and Ken are my favorite!

After the movies we made some pickles.  Yes, we made them.  I'm going to do a separate post about those.  It was much, much easier than I anticipated.

Today Chris and his dad headed back to Toy Story with David and Henry.  My mother-in-law and I went to do some shopping.  We had only been gone about an hour and ten minutes when the phone rang.  Henry was crying and wanted to leave.  I had a feeling that was going to happen.  We went back and picked them up.  We got a few pairs of shorts for David and Henry and headed home.  On the way we stopped at Gigi and Grampy's house for a swim.

We love to swim!  The boys are doing so well with their swimming.  Jack is getting braver and braver.  He's ventured into the big pool now as opposed to the baby pool or the hot tub.  He's not a fan of going under water, but it's getting better.  Hopefully he'll be swimming by the end of the summer.  


The boys finished a week of vacation Bible school this week.  They love, love, loved it.  It was held at LifePoint Church and they absolutely love it.  My New England friends would not believe the size of this church.  Joel Osteen would be proud.  We're going to service there next weekend they liked it so much.  I've wanted to go to church with them for a long time, but it's so hard with three little children to get out the door and to church on time.  I know that's an excuse, and I own that.  However, they loved it so much, we're going to try it.  And it's very close to my house, which I like.  And, really, it has a coffee shop inside the church.  That's sort of what sold me.  While they were at "camp" as they called it, they did some crafts.  One was the mask below. . . on the world's tiniest Zorro.
 
I'm off to get things ready for another Monday.  David has running camp this week, and he's very excited about it.  Thankfully it's in the evening, because it's been approximately as hot as the surface of the sun here this past week.  Have a great week!

No comments: