CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Procrastination

I have to go out of town this weekend for work. I have a full-day training tomorrow in Knoxville. I will be leaving in two hours, and I've not even told my children yet that I'm going. I'm dreading it. It's one night, they'll be fine, but I don't want to go. I don't want someone else to put them to bed tomorrow night, even if it's my own mother. I want it to be me. This is the part about being a working mother that I abhor.

On the other hand, I'm psyched to sleep in a hotel, in a bed, without anyone waking me up in the middle of the night.

Don't miss me too much!

*Edited to Add* As with most things in my life, the anticipation over this trip was much worse than actually leaving. They really didn't care when I told them, and the promise of a trip to see Santa was the icing on the cake. I'm pretty sure David thinks we're headed to the North Pole tomorrow.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Have a fun trip Kim! I would pay for a night ALONE!!! LOL Enjoy it while it lasts. Look forward to those awesome homecoming hugs you'll receive :-)

Briana said...

I hear you! I have to go overnight for work in December and I've already shed many tears over it. I plan to have a drink, or 10 to help with that!

Stephanie said...

I bet once you get there it will be wonderful! It's always harder to leave! Enjoy!