CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 5, 2008

Five for Friday

Have you missed me?

1. Jack developed an illness on Black Friday. A mystery illness. One involving a fever of 105 degrees for several days. It's a mystery no more -- an ear infection and Roseola. Nothing like a text message from the babysitter that says, "Did Jack have a rash this morning, or is this new?" Thankfully he's back to his shiny happy self.

2. We put our Christmas tree up on Black Friday, as usual. Unfortunately, none of the lights turned on at the same time. Um, what? After MUCH finagling by my handy husband, still no lights. Seriously, how long does an artificial tree last? And we're not talking the $88 pre-lit special from Big Lots. We've had it for six Christmases, and we had some issues with it last year. We chucked it and got a *gasp* real tree! Never fear, I'll be purchasing another faux at the end of the Christmas season when the prices are slashed.

3. David and Henry had their "gumdrop shop" at school yesterday where they can do their own Christmas shopping for $1 per item. I limited them to five gifts each. Why? Because it would have taken Henry the entire school day to select more than that. He's very thoughtful in his selections! Most of the things are wrapped in gift bags, so you know I looked to see what they purchased. The difference between what David purchased and what Henry purchased is hysterical.

4. Guess what I got at work yesterday? MY LAPTOP! I honestly felt like Christmas came early to me.

5. I was also feeling like Christmas came early yesterday when I realized that if schools are closed in the county I work in, my job is closed too. WHAT?! Love it.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I cannot wait to find out what David and Henry picked out!!! Sorry Jack was sick! I hope you all had a happy thanksgiving! I miss you!

Rebecca said...

I was lucky enough to be one of the chosen recipients of the gumdrop shop. Henry gave me a beautiful boy angel ornament that opens to reveal a picture frame. Ahhh David's gift was a pink leather cell phone purse/holder.My red phone will look real nice in it's pink holder. I'll be quite a vision on my next shopping trip.

Julie said...

Sounds like Gigi is stylin'!

Briana said...

Glad Jack is feeling better! Poor little man.