CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day in Review

Dear day from hell,

Please turn into tomorrow.  Let's review the highlights of the day, shall we?
  1. Jack woke up at 3:00, wanting some "APPLEJUICERIGHTNOW".  Which woke Henry up.  Which woke the dogs up.  Oddly, none of this woke my husband up.  You know, the one who doesn't have to get up and go to work.  I got up and got Jack some water and brought it up to him in his bed.  Just in time to hear him snoring.  I went back down the stairs and let the dogs out.  In the rain.  Where they proceeded to sniff every blade of grass in our backyard.  In the dark, on leashes.  And I thought of ways to let them run away and not feel guilty about it.  I got everyone and everything settled and couldn't fall asleep.  And couldn't get our wireless Internet to work in our room, so I had nothing to read.  Or watch, because we have no cable and I don't read "real" books anymore.  I finally fell back asleep at 4:00.  Just in time, because my alarm went off at 4:30.
  2. I dragged myself out of bed and got breakfast made for everyone, got a shower, and got ready for work.  This was the most uneventful part of the day, oddly.
  3. Work, work, work.  Blah, blah, blah.  Nothing exciting at all, except eating enough Halloween candy for a small third world country.  Awesome.
  4. I came home from work and when I got home it was raining.  For the first time since we've moved into our house.  I guess I'm glad it is, because it allowed me to determine that we have a leak in the roof in our breakfast room.  Not a huge leak.  If it's not raining hard.
  5. While I was chatting with our babysitter, David went to the bathroom and washed his hands.  And filled our vessel sink to the top with water and soap bubbles.  And let it overflow all over the bathroom.  But didn't think it pertinent to tell me this until almost an hour later.  Bonus?  That episode, plus three baths gave my bathroom floor a good cleaning.
  6. My dogs don't know that they are able to go to the bathroom while on a leash.  So they go out and sniff every other dog in the 'hoods pee and poop in our yard.  Then come in and pee and poop on the floor.  Thankfully we don't have carpet anymore.  That doesn't mean that I like cleaning up the poo.  Or stepping in the pee.  Twice in one day.
  7. Clearly my children set a bomb off in the playroom promptly upon coming home from school.  Yet getting them to clean it up is like getting them to eat Brussels sprouts.  David told me tonight that if I cleaned up his 15 things he was responsible for he would give me a dollar.  If I gave him one first.  While I admire the creativity, he needs a little help with getting there.
  8. Jack needs to remember that he pees in the toilet now.  And that his underpants aren't a toilet.  
  9. My dogs clearly didn't know when to quit.  I caught Max like 19 times chewing on a pillow from the living room.  And caught Georgia chewing a HOLE IN MY NEW FREAKING SLIPCOVER.  Lucky, lucky for her it was in a spot I can conceal.  They are sleeping in their crates tonight.  And quite possibly every night hereafter.  

No comments: