CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tuesday Twelve

1. Jack slept much better last night. This could be due to many things. He woke up, ate, then slept in his swing for two and a half hours. I didn't turn the television on at all -- I figured the less stimulation he had the better. The second time he woke up he slept with me after he was done eating. Not my favorite option, but at this point we're going with whatever works.
2. Jack's new and improved sleeping last night allowed me to get out of bed, eat breakfast, fix breakfast for everyone else, shower, get everyone dressed, and get out of the house by 8:15. Seriously folks, this is the first time in 24 days I've been out of bed before 8 o'clock. I HATE sleeping late. I feel like I'm burning daylight, and I have too much to do to sleep late.
3. David and Henry got Valentine's Day cards yesterday from my Grammy and Grampy and were SO excited to get $5 in them. (Jack was too, but he doesn't quite get the whole money thing yet.) Today they brought their $5 to Wal-Mart (seriously, how WT are we that this constituted a "fun trip"?). They were responsible for their own money and picked what they purchased with it. They were thrilled to be able to act so big! (And, FYI, they both picked the same thing to buy. A Bertie the Bus.)
4. I have babysitter issues. My children have never had a babysitter other than very close family friends (Hi, who are all married with their own children. Is that a "babysitter"?) or their grandparents. I have a VERY hard time trusting someone else to care for my children. We really should have started with sitters years ago, because as time goes on my issue gets worse. I'm taking a baby step on Saturday -- David and Henry will be going to a Parent's Night Out from 5-8 at church. I'm already having anxiety.
5. We bought a new camera today! YAHOO!
6. David has had such good behavior today. He can be very trying sometimes, and it's days like today that remind me how lucky I am. He's so sweet, silly, smart, and fun. I was so proud of him I wanted to eat him.
7. I have mountains of laundry to fold and no ambition to do it!
8. No matter how old I get or how many times I do it, I hate to empty the dishwasher more than any other chore.
9. Jack looks like he's entered his teenage years very early, as he has TERRIBLE acne! I hate it!
10. David, Henry, and Jack were all snuggling in my bed this morning and I wanted to freeze time. It made my heart hurt it was so sweet.
11. I'm back at Weight Watchers, and very excited to lose 15 pounds. That's my first goal, and I told my husband I would throw out my "black suit" (black velour pants and hoodie) that is my favorite go-to outfit, and his least favorite outfit of all time. I would wear it everyday if that wasn't gross. I have two of them. They're identical. I will only throw one out!
12. I'm ready for spring!!

No comments: