CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Where did they come from?

My children are insane. They were making a bunch of noise during their "nap" yesterday, so Chris went in to see what they were doing. I heard silence when he walked in, followed by, "Go show Mama." That's never good. David and Henry both came walking out into the living room with black marker ALL OVER themselves. Henry looked like one of the prisoners in a documentary with prison tattoos all over his face. He also had his back, legs, arms, and feet marked, and even his belly button colored in! David had slash marks all over his legs and arms, and even on the bottoms of his feet. They wrote on the carpet, drapes, dresser, each rung of the ladder on their bed, Henry's sheets, the train table, the tv cabinet, their cups, and the door to their closet. Thankfully it was a dry erase-type marker from a book they have which had been mistakenly put away in their toy box instead of put in the closet. It came off of everything easily, but we haven't attempted the carpet yet. I'm sure we'll be able to get it out though. At this point we have master carpet cleaning skills. And the worst part is that my camera is broken so I couldn't even take pictures of it!!! We got it on video though, and if I can figure out how to upload it I will. I was laughing so hard they kept saying, "Mama, why you crying?" It was so hysterical I couldn't be angry!

5 comments:

Vanessa Jo said...

Um....that would be my fault....we were playing with that book when I was there (and you were babysitting). I told them to put that book back where they got it - guess I didn't realize that was the closet!!! They put it away and I thought they were being good boys! Oops - sorry.....

Kim said...

Wait, when I was babysitting? Don't you mean when YOU were babysitting???! Trust me, I have no desire to babysit any other children right now. . . I have enough of my own to keep me busy! And don't worry about it -- it marker came out of everything and it was a really funny (but naughty!) episode. I'm not worried about it! And what do I expect? I get what I pay for with my babysitters!

Vanessa Jo said...

Oops! I totally meant when we were babysitting and you were grocery shopping!

Amy said...

LMAO!!!

Susan said...

I'd love to see that video! Thank God it was dry erase marker. Oh, honey, you have your hands full. :)