CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Call the Authorities

Let me set the scene for you: The checkout at Super Target, David and Henry riding side by side in the shopping cart of Humvee proportions, Jack strapped to the front of me happy as a clam in his Baby Bjorn. Yes, I looked like an insane woman. We pay for our goodies and I maneuver the monstrosity out of the store. I was sweating. Literally. We walked out the door and David said, "That was fun. And guess what I got?" I was confused, because he got nothing. I asked what he got, and he whipped out a box of Mentos. THAT HE STOLE. I pulled a U-turn with the beast shopping cart and walked back in. We went right to customer service where he handed the Mentos to the woman and said, "I stole these. I'm sorry." She looked at me, then looked at him, and said, "What did he just say?" I asked David to tell her again and he said, "I'm sorry. I took these and didn't pay for them." She was trying not to laugh and thanked him for bringing them back and said he shouldn't do that again. As we got outside, I told him that I was glad he told me that he took them, and that we don't take things without paying for them. He wouldn't look at me and said, "I know that Mama. I'm not proud." Maybe he wasn't proud, but when he said that, I was.

1 comment:

Johnson Boys said...

Hey Kim.. I nominated you for an award go to my site to pick it up.

I love these stories it helps me out so much with my little one getting bigger by the day.