CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday Twelve

1. My previous post was my 300th post! Who knew I had so much to say? OK, so anyone who knows me knew I had so much to say!

2. David and Henry got haircuts yesterday. I seriously paid $35 for two haircuts so they could watch TV while they got it done and put some hair in a crazy machine to get a rubber duck before we left. And, with the hassle, tears, and tantrums I would get at a "normal" salon, it's worth every penny.

3. I brought David and Henry to a class at work yesterday. Henry was all about climbing on the balance beam (which he called a "measure") when he wasn't supposed to. David ran around like Forrest Gump for about 7 minutes. The class is 45 minutes long. When there were about 10 minutes left, they both came out of the gym and wanted to get popcorn and juice boxes at Target. I'm glad we didn't pay for the class!

4. Jack thinks he's a big shot now and would rather stand up in his crib, hanging on to the side and bouncing up and down than go to sleep. He's put himself to sleep since he was born, so this is a mildly irritating new development!!

5. We're getting a "new" couch!! I've hated the red couch we have literally since the day it was delivered four years ago. HATE it. My in-laws are getting a new sofa on Friday, and we're trading our couch for their current couch. They'll put our couch in their basement, and we'll have a cozy nice sectional. I can't wait. It's so much nicer than our red monstrosity. They're so getting the bad end of this deal.

6. Any ideas on how to make my children sleep later? David and Henry are up before 5:30 every morning. And it doesn't matter what time they go to bed -- keeping them up later doesn't make them sleep later. I've tried!

7. What happened to my Menu Monday?? It's such a good idea, and I keep forgetting.

8. Do we think there's any connection between me not going to WW for three weeks and gaining (at my estimation) 4 or 5 pounds? Could someone please explain to me why paying another person $12 a week is the motivation I need to stay on track?

9. I'm ready for cool weather.

10. After haircuts yesterday D&H were complaining that they were itchy. I normally anticipate this and bring an extra shirt for each of them, but for some reason forgot yesterday. We ran to Target, and scored some major bargains. I got Jack two pairs of pants and three shirts, David and Henry each got a shirt, and I got two gifts -- each item was $1.98. I should have looked more, but we were going to be late for their class.

11. Does anyone have any black workout type pants that they love? I need to wear them to work, and I'm having trouble finding some that I am in love with. I have several pairs that are OK, but nothing that I'm loving. Since I need to wear them 5 times a week, I'm trying to find some that I'm really happy with.

12. Update on our engine that needs to be replaced: We've still done nothing other than add the stuff that Chris put in, and it's still working. It's randomly smoking when we start it. Perhaps the other smoke that was coming out was blown up our rear ends at the dealership when they told us we needed a new engine . . .

3 comments:

Briana said...

I love my black yoga pants from Old Navy! (though I think Target has some too!)

Julie said...

I have loved every pair of knit capris I have gotten at Old Navy. Check out the pants Clemsongirl raves about from Target...and try looking in there lingerie section.

If you find a way to get your boys to sleep later, let me know. I know JT sleeps later than 5:30, but he could go to bed at midnight and still be up by 6:30. I DON'T GET IT! I'm sure he will start wanting to sleep in when it is no longer convenient!

Stephanie said...

I almost only buy Nike workout clothes. They just seem to work the best for me. You can get for a deal at TJ's or Marshall's.

As far as bedtime, Hunter has always gotten up between 5:30-6. The only thing I find that works to keep him closer to 6 is to put him to bed earlier. Seems strange to put him to bed earlier, but sometimes it works. He usually is asleep by 7. The twins sleep 6-6 or 6-7 b/c they don't nap.