CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot!

OK, when you watch the news in the morning and the weather guy says, "We have an extreme air quality warning today. TRY NOT TO BREATHE OUTSIDE," what are you really supposed to do with that information? Try not to breathe outside?! Right. Well, we didn't follow those directions exactly. And we made it. We're officially having a "heat wave" this week. It's supposed to be 99 tomorrow, 98 Friday, 98 Saturday, 100 Sunday, and 98 on Monday. . . I know, I know -- I live in Tennessee and I should be used to it. I wasn't saying I dislike the heat. Just merely pointing out it's hotter than normal. And I don't want to go outside tomorrow. If I do, I'll hold my breath.

We went swimming today with our buds Rachael and Melanie. They each have two children also, so there were 3 mothers and 6 children, all 3 or under. We're seriously gluttons for punishment. Although, I have to say, with the exception of (of course) Henry giving Tyler and Jenna sand shampoos, everyone was VERY well behaved. We had a nice day. Even though we had to hold our breath for the 4 hours we spent outside. We're lucky we survived.

I'm having some major sneezing/nose running/general grossness going on. I don't know if it's allergies or just stuffy pregnant nose. Or the inordinate amount of time I've spent under water in the last two days as David and Henry scream from their respective posts on the side of the pool, "WALK ON YOUR HANDS!" They may as well add BITCH! to the end of that with the way they demand I perform under water tricks! Tomorrow's going to be a lazy day of coloring, play dough, painting, puzzles, and reading stories. I have some cleaning to catch up on, some baking to do, and some sewing I'd love to finish. (And I'm sure Julie would love for me to finish too, since it's a baby gift. That I started in May. For her child who is three weeks old now.) I'll be very happy if we don't leave the house! (Although, I'll be happier if David poops in the toilet and I have to pony up the donut I'm trying to bribe him with. . . )

I'm off to bed. All of the sun and holding my breath today has me tired!

No comments: