CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Saturday

Hi everyone! We're having a nice weekend so far. Friday David had speech, and he was very funny. He says some crazy stuff for a 3 year old. His speech therapist and I talked about his potty accidents lately and his eating paper. Yes, paper. I have no idea what he's doing it for. She's going to ask an occupational therapist if they have any idea, since he's never had any oral sensory issues. He does it ALL THE TIME. Anytime he can get his hands on some paper he's hiding in a corner, under the bed, behind the TV, in the bathroom, in the tub, etc. to chow down on some pulp. He even tried to eat the bag his donut came in on Friday. She suggested we just ignore it or just take the paper away and don't say anything. She thinks it might be an attention thing. Ugh. It makes me mental, so let's change the subject.

Friday night David, Henry, Mom, and I went to Mt. Juliet to get a couple of things for a cake and to look for some maternity clothes for me. (Chris was in bed -- the whole working nights thing sucks on Friday.) We went to Old Navy, JC Penney, Joann's, and Target. Just for popcorn at Target! I found ONE shirt. Are you kidding me? Everything was either for a stretch pants/leggings kind of pregnant mama or for a slutty pregnant mama. Neither of which am I. I ended up ordering some clothes when I got home. I'm quickly approaching the point that I'm needing some, and don't want to wake up one morning with nothing that fits. Other than some stretch pants.

Today we went swimming at my parents' house. David is a fish. Oddly enough, he HATES to get his face wet in the tub, but will swim under water all day long. My mom was taking some plants off the deck to water and left the gate to the upper portion of the deck (with the pool access) open. Henry took that opportunity to run up the stairs and jump right into the pool. Sneaky little weasel. He landed on a float, thankfully, but quickly slid off of it. My mom was in the pool so fast I didn't even know what was going on! We left after that and went home to nap. We went back to have dinner with Gigi tonight. It was very good, and we had a nice time.

Tomorrow we have no plans, other than a cake I have to deliver in the afternoon. The party is outside at a park. . . I hope they're planning to eat the cake quickly, because it's supposed to be 102 degrees tomorrow.

Speaking of the weather. I shouldn't have complained about how hot it was going to be this week. The extended forecast looks like this: Sunday will be the cool day at 102, Monday 104, Tuesday 105, Wednesday 105, Thursday 106, Friday 110, Saturday 105, Sunday 102, and Monday a balmy cool 99. I'm sorry -- clearly we've moved to ARIZONA and nobody freaking told me. We were supposed to go to the zoo on Wednesday. I'll let you know right now that ain't happenin'.

I also just want to tell my grampy I hope he's feeling well! I'm thinking about you Grampy, and I love you!

1 comment:

Vanessa Jo said...

Well, I have to say, I remember eating paper. Though I don't think that much, or that sneaky. He's bound to be a weird kid, just like his Auntie Nessa. (I'd like to think the fish part is all me, too....hahahaha!). Speaking of Mom in the pool so fast, that makes me think of Maggie Kuehl way back when - I think she did the same thing for her.
Anyway, I'm thinking of Grampy too, so if he sees this, I'm thinking of you too and I love you!
Love you and the weridos, too!