CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 13, 2007

It's been a while!

First, let me say happy belated birthday to my Grammy. Her birthday was yesterday, and I neglected to post. Soooo, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRAMMY! I love you and miss you!

We had a fun, fairly uneventful weekend. We went to Chris' parents house on Saturday to celebrate his birthday. My parents came too. We had a nice time, even though it was like 105 degrees. Being pregnant during a heat wave in TN isn't fun. The boys also got their hair cut on Saturday morning, which is always so fun to do.

Sunday we hung out here, cleaned up, I read a book, and David and Henry played with their train table, which has been returned to their room. They were so excited! They're WAY into trains right now, so they've pretty much been playing with it since it was brought back in. I really need to go through the rest of the toys we took out of their room and purge about three quarters of them before anything returns to their room. We have far too many toys. We went swimming yesterday afternoon at my parents house, then came home and went to bed.

Today David had a doctor's appointment to talk about his paper eating. His doctor told us it's called Pica, and it occurs in 20% of children over 3 years old. It's typically related to an Iron or Zinc deficiency, so he had a blood test today. We'll get the results tomorrow, but we're going to increase his iron nutritionally, regardless. If the blood test comes back with decreased levels, we'll also add a vitamin supplement. So if anyone has any good green veggie, kid friendly recipes, toss them my way!

I finalized the plans for a HUGE cake order today. It's for a Bat Mitzvah, for which there are 340 confirmed guests so far. I'm doing two large cakes as the "main desserts" and 4 smaller cakes for other various relatives of the party girl, who will also be celebrating things that weekend. Yes, 6 cakes. And I need to make them and decorate them at the Kosher kitchen at the Jewish Community Center in Nashville. It will certainly be a different way for me to do things, but I'm excited about it. I love the theme of the party, and the people I'm doing it for are SO nice. It's a huge order and will be a lot of work, but I think it will be a fun challenge for me. Hopefully they turn out well!

I'm off to clean up my dishes from dinner, fold some laundry, and have a snack. I'm starving!

No comments: