CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Hippie Chick

Yes, that's me. A certified hippie chick. Laughing yet? Anyone who knows me is, because I'm about as far from "hippie" anything as you can get! It's official -- we're going to try cloth/gdiapering our baby. I bought a bunch of them (NEW, not used!) from a woman on craigslist who decided that cloth diapering wasn't for her. They're so freaking cute! They're all fuzzy and soft. Heck, I want to wear them! I hope we like it, because they look so much more cozy than a disposable diaper. I almost feel bad putting disposables on Henry now! These are not your mama's cloth diapers -- they've got snaps, Velcro, etc. and are much more easy to use than the ones with the pins. I remember there was always a cloth diaper soaking in the toilet when VJ was little! They even sell a hand held shower attachment for the toilet to rinse the poo off into the toilet. I'm excited to try this. One would think that after changing diapers for three years I wouldn't get excited about changing more. . .

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment, and the whole family is going. David and Henry are very curious about the baby, what it's doing in there, etc. so we're all going to make the trip. That should be interesting. We'll hear the heartbeat, and if it can't be found (which was the case with Henry about 99% of the time) she'll do a quick ultrasound. I'm almost hoping she can't hear it, just so D&H can see the little bug. Next month we'll find out what it is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nopins4baby.com, local smyrna mom in my neighborhood who sells everything you'll need for cloth diapering...