CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 18, 2007

Manic Monday

How has another week gone by?? At this rate, my pregnancy should FLY by. It doesn't feel that way so far!

We had a pretty full weekend. Friday David had speech, and I had to deliver a cake during his speech appointment. I can't leave him at Vanderbilt by himself, so Chris stayed at speech with him, and I went to Franklin to deliver my cake. (It's about 20 minutes away.) Henry came with me because he was asleep in the car, and of course woke up before we exited the parking garage after dropping David and Chris off! Coming back took much longer than it should have and I didn't get to see any of David's appointment. (I am able to watch his speech therapy appointments through an observation window/mirror.) Chris enjoyed going, and he said David did really well. Henry was so cute when we brought the cake. It was delivered to a doctor's office, and Henry said, "Here's you cake!" He's such a nut. We went to lunch after speech, and the boys were really well behaved. We went to Logan's, where you can throw peanut shells on the floor, and they thought that was hysterical. They've been there before, but I don't think really understood the whole concept of the shells last time. This time they were all about some peanuts!

Saturday we hung out and played here, went to some garage sales, and just relaxed. I had these two large cakes to do for a party on Sunday, so I kept busy with those.


I'm not doing any cakes for the next three weeks, and I'm very glad for the vacation! I'm not sure how I'll manage doing them when the baby's born, but I'll figure something out. I know I'll take some sort of "maternity leave", but would like to continue doing them once I've gotten some sort of routine established with the baby. We also gave Christopher his father's day gift on Saturday, mostly because it was in the trunk of my car and he would see it! We got him a small shed he's been wanting for the backyard to keep the boys toys, etc. in. He likes it, but there are some broken pieces so we'll take it back for a new one. I swear half of the stuff we get from Lowe's is broken, missing a piece, totally the wrong thing in the box, or some other weird mistake.
Sunday we ran to the mall in the morning, then David and I delivered my cakes. Chris was in bed, because Sunday night is his first night of work for the week. After the cakes, I brought the boys to my in-laws house and we played there for a while. They live on a "farm" (not a working farm right now) and the boys LOVE running around there. They're going to spend the night on Friday with them, which David and Henry will love.
Today we went with Julie, Nicole, and their boys to a park with a wading pool, two playgrounds, picnic areas, and a walking trail. The pool was perfect for the boys -- they could do it by themselves, and they had a ball. We ate lunch in the picnic area then played on the playground. They had a lot of fun, and it's a great park for their ages. We're going back again on Wednesday. We all came home and took naps. This afternoon/evening I brought the kids to my parents house for a visit. My dad is leaving tomorrow morning for Massachusetts for a few days, so I wanted to see him before he leaves. (For those interested in the finger story, he got his stitches out today, and it looks much better than I would have expected!)
Tomorrow we may hit the free movies (http://www.regmovies.com/, click family film festival) or we may just chill out at home. I think we need a day to just hang out here -- I feel like we're constantly on the run. Wednesday we're headed back to the park. Thursday we have nothing planned, and Friday David has speech. Friday is also the first day of Chris' two week vacation! He's so looking forward to being off. We don't have any plans, other than a few day trips. He's also off for a week in October, and I think we're going to go to the beach then. It will be the last vacation we take for a while, I expect, because I don't really see us going anywhere next summer with a newborn, a 2 year old, and a 3 year old. . .
Have a great night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your cakes are freaking phenomenal! You really rock! Hope you're feeling OK with baby #3. :)

Sue