CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sadness

Yesterday Jenna, another mom I know from the local playgroup circle, passed away due to complications from Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Jenna and I had been in the same playgroups with our children for the past three years. I never got to know her as well as I did my other playgroup friends, but certainly am saddened by her passing. Although she was sick, it was very surprising that she passed away. She leaves behind her husband of eleven years and three children, a seven year old daughter, a 4 year old daughter, and a sixteen month old son. The family also suffered the loss of Jenna's unborn son William, with whom she was five months pregnant. I am so sad to think of her husband and their family and the challenges they will face without having their mom. She was a dedicated, stay-at-home mother for her children, and I can't imagine the devastation they are feeling. It's really made me think about my own family and children, and certainly hug them a little bit tighter, and a little bit longer. I take so many things for granted, as I think most of us do, and I really want to try to slow down and let people know how I feel about them, spend more time playing with and loving my children, and less time worrying about "stuff".

Jenna stayed very optimistic through her battle with cancer, and this was her third fight in her lifetime. If you're a spiritual person, please say a prayer for her husband, children, and extended family and friends. I can't imagine what they're going through right now.

Rest in peace Jenna and Will.

No comments: