CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Weekend


Happy Birthday to my dad today! I won't post his age, but I'm sure most of you could figure it out. . . born in 1952 is all I have to say. I can't believe that. 10 years ago I would have thought that almost 60 was old. As in -- and I realize the stupidity of what I'm about to say -- grandparent old. OK, so now that my own father IS a grandfather and is getting closer and closer to 60, I realize it's not so old. I also realize how fortunate I am to still have my parents, that they're healthy, and that I've got such a great relationship with them. We're so lucky to have them living close to us now, and I'm thrilled they are able to be here while David and Henry (and #3) are growing up. So, Happy Birthday Daddy!

We had a great weekend. I had a couple of cakes this to do, one of which was for David's old speech teacher Ms. Bev's little girl Ella. We were very excited to see her. After going to Ms. Bev's we went to my parents house for a birthday party for my dad and me. My in-laws David and Sheila came, and we all had a lot of great food, swimming, and yummy cheesecake and cupcakes. And the best part was I didn't have to make anything!!

Today we just hung out, cleaned up, took naps, and went to Target.

We've got a pretty busy week. Henry has a dentist appointment tomorrow morning for a cleaning. He normally does very well (unlike David at the dentist!), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he does tomorrow. I have four pretty big cakes to do this week. We're going swimming on Tuesday with our friends. Wednesday we have a play date and a cake to deliver, Thursday we might hit the zoo, and Friday we have speech and a cake to deliver.

Here are some more pictures from the weekend. Have a great night!

No comments: