CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Give Thanks, Day 22


Today I am thankful for my parents.
Every day I'm thankful for them, but let's make it public.
They have always been my biggest supporters, even when I'm sure they doubted I was making the best decision.
They showed me by example how to be good parents.
You know how people say things like, "I will NEVER do like my parents did"?  I don't say that.  
If I am as good a parent to my children as my parents were to me, I'll be lucky.
My parents moved over 1,000 from the only city they had ever lived in to Tennessee to live closer to my children, their only grandchildren.  
They do crazy things with my children like play Indiana Jones for hours, make endless water balloons, drive around on the lawnmower, push Jack up and down the backyard in a stroller when he's "playing baby", dissect a mouse with David "because he wanted to see its brain" (and catch more mice and FREEZE THEM so they can do it again!!!), and have sleepovers pretty much any time my children ask for one.  
They will babysit at the drop of a hat, and are so supportive of our decision to adopt Katie.
I am so glad they are my parents, and I am thankful for them every day.

No comments: