CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

David's Birthday Party

We had David's party today at a local train store. He had so much fun!

Of course I got a little crafty for the party. Here are the cookies we gave to his friends. I made sugar cookies and frosted them with royal icing. Each child got two train cars, a D and a number 4.
This is the fruit I did. I wanted it to be similar to the arrangements from Edible Arrangements. It looks better to me in the photo than I thought it looked in person! *Please note -- I've said I wanted it to be similar to Edible Arrangements -- not that I thought it looked like I got it there. I got a nasty comment from someone saying that "Edible Arrangements are hand-sculpted culinary desgins, not a pile of fruit on skewers". I never claimed to be a fruit artist.

And, of course, the cake. It was a white almond sour cream cake with strawberry jam filling and buttercream icing. We had very little left, so it must have been good!

All of our family friends were there, our family - Gigi, (Grampy couldn't come -- he had to be at the store) Gramps, Nan, Uncle Clayton, Auntie Vanessa, "she's Jarrod", Uncle Jack, Aunt Evelyn, as well as three of his friends from school. David was so excited to see them all! Here are a couple more photos. And a big thank you to all of our friends for coming to share his day -- he had a wonderful time!


7 comments:

Heather M said...

Wow! I just want to tell you how adorable your party looked. I love planning my kids B-day parties too. You are very creative. Those party favors and cake were amazing. I think I will try to do a fruit arrangement some time. Darling!

Unknown said...

Hi Kim. I am so impressed by the cake, cookies and fruit you made. Looks like David had a fantastic party! I sure wish I lived closer so I could order one of your cakes... total pregnancy weakness right now, especially chocolate with vanilla buttercream frosting!
love, Nicole

Stephanie said...

Oh yah and WTF is up with the fruit "comment"?

Kelly said...

Great job Kim! Looks like a great party! That cake is awesome! I am glad David had such a fun day!

Susan said...

I'm with Stephanie....what's up with the fruit comment? What a jackass.

Christina said...

You are so damn talented. I love the cake and the cookies are great. Who the hell left you the fruit comment? Dumbass!

Angie Morris said...

You are way to creative!!