CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes

In the car tonight leaving my parents' house:

David: Gigi, I don't want you to go. Come home with us.
My mom: I can't David. I want to, but I have to work tomorrow.
David: NO! COMEHOMEWITHME!
Henry: (Giggling) Gigi, you have to WHAT in da morning?
My mom: I have to go to work.
David: NONONONONONONO
Henry: (Giggling more) GIGI! You don't haffa go to work! Gigis don't work!
My mom: This Gigi does!
Henry: GIGI! Only daddies go to work! Goyles don't work! (That would be Henry speak for girls)

And my dad was taking turns giving D&H rides around the yard tonight on his new tractor. My dad sits on the seat and stands whomever is riding with him between his legs. Henry was driving their Jeep and David had a long ride. H wanted a ride, so my dad told David to race him in the Jeep. He had a fit and didn't want to, but my dad held firm that it was Henry's turn. David said, "But Grampy! We can both come!" My dad said there wasn't room and David said, "But you have two legs!" Needless to say, Grampy caved. Henry stood and David sat on Grampy's lap. My children love their Gigi and Grampy so much and have such special relationships with them. I would hate to have had them (and my parents) miss out on that because we lived so far apart! I seriously think each time we drive home from their house how lucky we are that they moved here.

No comments: