CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday Monday!

I love, love, love a productive day. Especially a Monday! Some of the things I got accomplished today:
  • David was clean, hair brushed, face washed, breakfast eaten, and dress and ready for school, lunch packed, bag and nap mat ready by the door 8 minutes early and without argument. That's huge!
  • Jack was fed, bathed, dressed, and ready to go early also!
  • Jack and I went to the Y this morning. Henry chose to stay home and *help* Chris clean the gutters. Clearly he hates the Y's guts. He kept saying, "YES! I want to go to the Ybrary!" Um, while I appreciate his love of reading and the library, I meant the YMCA. When I clarified that for him he clarified his hatred of the joint. And kept asking to go to the ybrary. All. Day. Long.
  • Henry, Jack and I exchanged a birthday gift. He didn't know what exchange meant. He loves the word now. When we picked David up from school Henry wanted to know "what Dadid gonna chachange?"
  • Dinner was prepped and ready to slide into the oven before I picked David up from school.
  • I got my cake for tomorrow decorated before the boys were in bed, thereby leaving the entire night free!
  • I didn't do anything fun with my free night. . . I folded two loads of laundry. And even put it away!
  • I mopped the kitchen floor. Old school style on my hands and knees. Boy did it need it. That mop just doesn't get it clean enough. The first person to drop applesauce on it tomorrow is going to get it! (OK, so I'm all talk. . .)
  • I played with Jack while David and Henry rode their bikes in the driveway. Jack is so animated now, reaching for, grabbing, and shaking his toys. Do you think Chris loves that Jack's favorite toy right now is a doll with all kinds of textures, shaking things, rattles, etc.? Notsomuch.
  • I cleaned the kitchen. Really well. It needed it.
  • I've made my very ambitious to-do list for tomorrow. I hope I get at least half of the things done!!

I'm definitely more productive throughout the day when I go to the gym in the morning. I won't be going tomorrow though because Henry has his 3 year check-up at the doctor. I've already warned him three times that she'll be looking into his ears. This simple task normally includes three people to hold him down and lots of snot and sweat. Seriously, just to check them. Imagine the fun when he has an ear infection. Thank the LAWD that's only happened once. I'm very curious to see what his weight and height are. David (last month at four years old) measured in at 43 inches tall and 43 pounds. I'm guessing Henry to be 41 inches tall and 44-45 pounds. I'm scared to see him at 4 years old -- he'll be signed up for preschool wrestling!!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love days like that! Wish I had them more often...lol! Hope Henry's appt went well!