CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tuesday Twelve

1. My children desperately need haircuts, which is never a fun experience. We go to Snip Its which is certainly not the closest place to get it done, but David is not a good client for a quick cut! It's the only place we've found he'll sit still and not have a tantrum. While getting his hair cut. Never a good combination.

2. We just left the house to get their hair cut. We stopped at the bank first. A twenty minute wait in line, countless, "Please stop that"s from me, and a two for one bloody nose and fat lip later we're back home. Needless to say they still have shaggy hair. Henry ran into David, sent David into the counter, and the injuries occurred.

3. Getting up at 4:17 AM does not make anyone in this house a happy camper by noon.

4. The weather is so sporadic. It was 80 last week and 40 this week. Am I back in New Hampshire?!

5. I've officially lost more than 10 pounds since starting Weight Watchers. I'm not disclosing how long that took me! However, I was happy to bring one of my "black suits" as Chris calls them to Goodwill today and swap it for my favorite pair of pants that hasn't fit for a long time.

6. I have to bake 18 layers of cake and approximately 4 dozen sugar cookies in the next three weeks. Oh, and decorate all of that!

7. Henry is turning three on Saturday and he said, "I know Santa is gonna bring me dat Thomas roller coaster I want for my birfday. He gonna bring it to Chuckin' Cheese-its for mine party." Um, Santa better return the gift he bought and get that roller coaster, because no he wasn't going to be bringing it!

8. If I hear a line from Charlotte's Web one more time today I'm going to go crazy.

9. Jack has been sleeping through the night so well and now all of a sudden has thrown a feeding in at 3:30.

10. I really want a runabout triple stroller to walk the boys in. They won't go to the Y without crying, as we've discussed, and I can't walk them by myself without having one walk. It's not
much exercise moving at the pace of a four year old. There's one on craigslist, and I've emailed about it. I'm really hoping it's not sold yet! These are nearly $1,000 new, and the one on CL is under $200. Keep your fingers crossed!

11. I think I'm going to drag my kitchen table and chairs out to my driveway and scrub them down while the boys are sleeping.

12. David is obsessed with pancakes. "Big ones" which would be homemade, not frozen. As a result, I spend a significant amount of time each week standing in front of the stove making double batches of pancakes. I am now on the lookout for an electric griddle, because I think it would save me a lot of pancake making time. Seriously, this is who I've turned into? I used to covet things like cute purses and clothes. Now I'm getting excited about an electric griddle, a used triple stroller, and a freshly cleaned kitchen table and chairs?

2 comments:

Susan said...

It's funny what makes us happy as we get older! God love you. Being up since the ass crack of dawn and trying to be happy and patient with three young children? Yeah....not so much.

Kelly said...

Kim, you are a saint! If my kids got me up that early they would be put up for adoption....lol!! Fingers crossed that you got your stroller!