CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tuesday 12. . . 24 Hours Later

1. The boys and I went for a walk today. With the double stroller. And three children. There aren't three seats in a double stroller, just FYI. David+Henry+Stroller = 117 pounds. Basically I felt like I was doing some sort of tackle football drill, pushing 117 pounds (in a double stroller with the turning radius of a school bus) around our neighborhood with a 15 pound weight (Jack) strapped to my chest. Sound fun?

2. We had pancakes for dinner tonight -- one of my favorite dinners.

3. Henry has gone two days straight with no potty accidents. He still won't poop on the potty, but I know that takes time. He does, however, give VERY clear clues when he needs a pull-up!

4. The big boys still have a monitor in their room. Right, that's because I lock them in there with a doorknob cover at night. The havoc that would happen in my house is not worth removing the cover at this point. However, the two baby monitors we've got interfere with each other, and I can't move Jack to his room without a monitor for him. The days of the doorknob cover are almost over. We'll have to get an extra tall baby gate for the end of their bedroom hallway so David can use the potty at night, and I'll move the monitor to Jack's room. We've considered getting a new monitor with two transmitters and one receiver, but the only one I can find is a video moniter. I'd much rather pay $65ish for the gate than $200ish for the monitor we'll need for a short time.

5. I'm thinking about trying some carob recipes for Henry, since he can't eat chocolate. Will that just confuse him though? Perhaps I should just leave it alone, since it doesn't seem to bother him at all that he can't eat it.

6. I'm dying to see the Cynthia Rowley madras stuff at Target, but I've not gotten there yet. Maybe tomorrow. I hope it's at our Target. And that someone hasn't already purchased it all!!

7. I'm trying to wean Jack from sleeping in his carseat to sleeping in his bed. He does great for naps. Not so great at night. It's not an option tonight, as he threw up all over the straps of his carseat. I wouldn't let him sleep in a bed that smelled like vomit, so he's not sleeping in his seat.

8. Henry has recently learned how to ride his bicycle with training wheels. He's not learned how to use the brakes though. . . he thinks if he lifts his feet off the pedals and sticks them out to the side that he's "stopping". Um, maybe on your face! He's also not really learned that he needs to watch where he's going. He goes about 98 miles an hour around a corner looking off to the side. I predict a broken bone by the end of the summer. I think he's fallen more in the last few days than David has in his life. He keeps getting back on though, and I'm proud of him for that.

9. David and Henry are seriously bucking my Simpson Family Eating Well plan (SFEWP). . . I was eating a spinach concoction yesterday and Henry said, "What you eating?" I told him it was spinach with cheese and asked if he wanted some. He SCREAMED, "NO! I WANT A BIG BOWL OF. . . OF. . . A BIG BOWL OF CANDY!" All David wants to eat is waffles, pancakes, applesauce, Annie's grahamn bunnies, popscicles, fruit snacks, string cheese, popcorn and frosting. WTF? And all Henry wants to eat is fruit bars, candy, popscicles, cookies, and cereal. I'm so glad we're doing the SFEWP now, not when they're 12 and 13. I wouldn't have the strength then.

10. Chris got a crown today -- he now has a golden tooth! Aargh! Thankfully it's a molar. Not a front tooth. Yikes.

11. We're going to pick strawberries this weekend. Weather permitting. That should be interesting.

12. Does the laundry ever end? (And spell check isn't working, so if there are spelling mistakes, it's not because I didn't try to correct them!)

No comments: