CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hump Day

I have no organized thoughts, so you get a list today.

  1. I think Henry is having night terrors. Or something similar. It's happened three times now. He wakes up SCREAMING, like something is hurting him, sweating, sometimes shaking, his heart racing, and this continues for approximately 10 minutes. He doesn't want anyone near him, but doesn't want me to leave the room. His eyes are open, but he doesn't respond to me asking him questions, talking to him, or anything. It generally happens about 60-90 minutes after he's gone to bed, and it ends just as randomly as it starts. He'll just roll over and go back to sleep. I'm going to do some research and call his ped. if it happens again. I'm not really sure what she'll tell me, but . . .
  2. Last night between 10:15, when I went to bed, and 12:45 David and/or Henry came into my room SIX times. Come on. Then Jack woke up to eat. Then at 2:30 David woke up crying because he doesn't have a new lunchbox for school and Target might sell out of them before we get there. Then Jack woke up at 3:30 crying. Then David and Henry woke up at 5. For the day. Clearly I like sleeping much more than they do.
  3. Jack is getting his first tooth. I can see the white, but it doesn't look anywhere near close to coming through. David was 6 months when his first tooth came, Henry 5 months. Jack will be five months(!) tomorrow, so he's right on track with the other boys.
  4. Speaking of Jack, he's at such a fun age right now. He laughs all the time, a great belly laugh. And, for some reason, he really thinks New Kids on the Block are funny. Especially when I sing "Hangin' Tough". Go figure. I think he's not the only one who thinks NKOTB are funny.
  5. Today H & J took great naps. David took everything out of every bag he could find in his room. Then came waltzing into the living room, buck naked. Well, except for the Diego backpack he was wearing. He also had a lollipop in each hand. Lollipops that he had gotten on his last day of school and I forgot about. He was eating both at the same time. When he decided he was done with them he asked if he could put them in his hair. Seriously, WTF? At least he asked first.
  6. I took the boys to the splash pad in town yesterday. I hate that place. And, lucky me, so do my children. I think they hate the cold water. I'm not sure why I hate it. And I hate the 11ish year old boy who told my 3 and 4 year old, "MOVE, MOVE! It's MY turn," when he wanted to play with the foot washing thing they were playing with. And I'm sure he hates me, as I told him how I felt about his obnoxious behavior. Oh right, and I told his mother too. She probably hates me as well.
  7. I was a raging bitch yesterday. I hated everyone. And then I gained 4/10 of a pound. On probably the only week I actually kept track of EVERY SINGLE thing I ate, like a good little WW girl. Each freaking bite. Can you say hormones?
  8. I am very excited about a call I got today. A local stationery store is doing a Christmas in July event and wants me to do some cupcakes. I heart cupcakes.

I'm off to fold some laundry. Or maybe eat some fat free tapioca pudding and go to bed.

3 comments:

StacyRenee said...

My son went through the night terrors too. He would scream and I would run everytime. I would find him walking the whole lenght of his bed back and forth screaming and clawing. It went on for a month or so then just faded as quickly as they started. He never remembered his dreams either. I wish you the best on this. I know first hand its not easy and little sleep you get.

StacyRenee said...

My son went through the night terrors too. He would scream and I would run everytime. I would find him walking the whole lenght of his bed back and forth screaming and clawing. It went on for a month or so then just faded as quickly as they started. He never remembered his dreams either. I wish you the best on this. I know first hand its not easy and little sleep you get.

Kelly said...

Kim, Owen does the exact same thing! His pedi said they were night terrors. He had them pretty often starting about a year ago. Luckily, they are pretty rare now. They are very scary! Owen even sleep walked a couple times during one. I thought I was in a horror film...lol!
Hope Henry's go away super fast!