CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

No More!

Tonight is night one of no more pacifiers. . . it took me three hours to get D&H to sleep. And they were exhausted -- it was a day of no naps, a trip to the library, then playing outside at Julie's house in the afternoon. Henry's already gotten up once, had a major meltdown, then went back to bed and is (was?) watching a movie. I can't bring myself to look in and see if he's asleep. I pray tonight goes well, since Chris is at work and I don't want to have to deal with a long tantrum filled night. And I feel so bad for them. They're so sad, and keep crying and literally begging for a paci. This is ridiculous, but this has been probably the most difficult thing I have had to do with them. We lost one paci today, and I threw the remaining one away so there's no temptation. Wish us luck!

It's 11:30, and both boys just woke up crying. Hard. Henry went back to sleep pretty quickly, but David held on. I think it took me about 30 minutes to get him to calm down and go back to sleep. I am so hopeful that he will sleep through the night now. He's SO sad, crying and begging for "a big boy paci" it breaks my heart! And has been saying for the day that his ear hurts. I hope it's not an ear infection. That would be really stinky timing, given what we've gone through tonight!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Good luck Kim!! It is a VERY HARD thing to do!!

Susan said...

Hope it's going better. Once the girls turned 3 I took the pacifier away. The "Binki Fairy" came and took them. It was hard. Pacifiers are a comfort for them, hence the name. Hang in there and try not to beat yourself up. :)

Candice said...

Yes, good luck!! I will be right there with you trying to get Kannon to give his up.

I have a new blog address its www.schenk5.blogspot.com. I was having some issues with the old one, so hopefully this will help.

Stephanie said...

UGh...I have to do this soon with Ty. Not looking forward to it!
I did hear a new study that it doesn't affect their teeth unless they are perm teeth. That made me feel a BIT less guilty about him STILL having it! Great job Mama!!