CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Rhubarb Recipe

I've had a hankering for rhubarb lately. Yes, I said "hankering". I bought some, but didn't really know what to do with it. I found this recipe, and it is FABULOUS! And, for my fellow WW girls, it's only 2 points per serving, and a serving is big. 1/6 of the entire recipe. If you've not tried rhubarb before, give it a shot. It was soooo good. Chris even liked it, and he's very, very unadventurous when it comes to new food.

Rhubarb Crunch
3 ounces quick-cooking oats (1 cup)
6 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons Brown Sugar Twin
1/4 cup reduced-calorie margarine, melted
4 cups diced rhubarb
1 package sugar-free strawberry gelatin (4-serving)
1 package sugar-free vanilla pudding and pie filling Jell-O (4-serving) cook and serve
1 1/2 cups water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, cinnamon, and Brown Sugar Twin until well blended. Add melted margarine. Mix until crumbly. Set aside.
3. Place diced rhubarb in an 9-inch square baking dish.
4. In a medium saucepan, combine dry gelatin, dry pudding mix, and water. Cook to boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour hot mixture over diced rhubarb. Top with crumbs.
5. Bake 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack.

Serves 6
Per serving: 60 calories, 3 g fiber, 5 g fat
Source: Health Exchanges Cookbook by JoAnna M. Lund Book

3 comments:

Jon G said...

This looks delicious, Kim. I'll have to dig out my recipe for Rhubarb Pie (no strawberries necessary). My absolute summertime favorite. Thanks for sharing this...it'll be on the table next weekend.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

That sounds delish!!! I recently found a rhubarb pudding recipe on the net as well. It was more like a crisp (calling for oatmeal)... but it too was delish.

I'd posted the recipe on my blog.

Check it out and do leave a comment to say hi.

Carol

Amy said...

i'm as unadventurous as chris. and i don't even know what a rhubard is. LOL