CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Waffler

My husband is a waffler. In the largest sense of waffling. In the car today, which is the only place we can have a sane conversation because Jack sleeps and David and Henry watch a movie with headphones on, this was our conversation:

Kim: I'm going to call our insurance company on Monday and see what sort of coverage and co-pay is involved for the essure procedure.

Chris: (With a perplexed look on his face) What's essure?

K: It's that procedure I told you about that's like getting my tubes tied, but it's done in my doctor's office, not as a "surgical procedure".

C: Wait, is that permanent?

K: Um, yes. Isn't that what you want? You've said several times that you don't want another baby. I don't want to sit around *hoping* you'll change your mind.

C: Well, I guess I just don't think I mean I don't want another EVER. I mean, I'm not 100% opposed to it. I just don't know.

K: (Thinking, WHAT THE HELL?!) You're not? I was under the impression that you were 100% certain that you thought three is plenty.

C: Well, I just think about how expensive they'll be, how much money it costs to raise them, feed them, send them to college. I think you just think about babies. We don't don't have enough room for another child in our house.

K: (Thinking he's exactly right, both about the babies and the room.) Well I don't want another one tomorrow, but it's never been a secret that I would like to have another. You told me that the only way that was happening was if we won the lottery.

C: Well that was just a joke. I just don't think we should do something permanent.

WHAT THE HELL?! Of course I'm encouraged that he isn't totally shutting the door on a fourth child, but so frustrated that it's like pulling teeth to get that finally out of him!

4 comments:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

If anything I believe it's the word "permanent" that draws so much uncertainty on these sort of things.

There's always the what if... what if we did win the lottery?!?

Perhaps he's got the winning ticket and he's just waiting to get it verified... WAH HOO!!!

Kim said...

If we played the lottery we'd have a better chance of winning!!

Julie said...

Well, well, well....so much for little Maggie. I see the Simpson 4 in your future!! The "permanent" part is pretty hard to grasp!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Awwwww, that's really sorta sweet that he maybe wants another! That was a cute "conversation." Your husband sounds like a teddy bear.

P.S. Re: Hopkins.....we had a block party last weekend and it was held at our new neighbors house (they have good shade and I guess they volunteered) who live 5 houses down from us. They just moved in in April and I hadn't met them yet. Any-who, when I was introduced to him and saw his last name I said "Are you related to that doctor who is having marital troubles on that show Hopkins?

He said (smiling sheepishly).."That's my brother."