CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday Musings

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. We did! Friday . . . seriously, this was just three days ago, and I can't think of what we did. I had to look at the calendar! We took the boys to see Kung Fu Panda. It was a cute movie, and they did really well. Between changing Jack and taking the boys to the bathroom, I went six times during the movie! After the movie we came home and rested for a while, then went swimming after dinner. Henry is not nearly as nervous as he was just a week ago in the pool. Really he's not nervous at all. And David is a little fish. He's doing so well with his swimming, without taking any lessons. I can't get over how much he's improved literally in just a week.

Saturday we did a few things around the house, cut the grass, ran some errands, and I met with a really sweet girl about her wedding cake. When I got home from that appointment we went swimming. Yes, we go every day. When we got home, I put the boys to bed and decorated a Dora cake for a party yesterday.

Yesterday we had a really nice day. My parents had a birthday brunch for me. My in-laws came, as did Vanessa and Jarrod. My mom baked my favorite cake -- carrot cake! It was so good. We had all kinds of delicious brunch food, I got some really nice gifts, and we did a lot of swimming. I left briefly to deliver my cake and left my parents without any pacifiers! Ooops! The boys were EXHAUSTED last night. I think they literally were in the pool from 11-6. And the big boys have the sunburns to prove it. I feel awful about that. Note to self -- no more spray on sunscreen. They hate it, and it clearly didn't get applied everywhere.

Today we're having a sun-free day. We're not an inside family. They've been going crazy and driving me crazy. D&H are both napping now, so when they wake up we'll go swimming. I wanted to keep them out of the sun today, but by then it won't be an issue. We did some cleaning and laundry this morning, cleaned some stuff out for a garage sale, did some puzzles, painted, watched Finding Nemo, did some workbook pages, and I watched about 10328487 reenactments of Spongebob scenes. My children are obsessed with the sponge. While they're napping, I'm going to eat my lunch in silence and read some of my new book. Have a great day!

No comments: